Friday, August 17, 2007

Steamed Haw Flake Cake


I have tried postponing making this cake like forever! I was a little skeptical in the beginning about the final product. There weren't any cream crackers so I had to drive downtown to purchase some for this cake. I put the whole cream crackers into my kitchen aid food processor and grind it until it it more or less like bread crumbs. For future reference reduce the sugar to 80g and I will divide the batter into four parts so each layer will be even rather than counting each ladel as I added in each layer. Since I followed the recipe as directed I discovered that if I didn't steam the second layer long enough that is why the center of my cake caved in! This is due to lack of experience on my part but next time I will do a much better job. Frankly it is good enough for my tummy and definitely a keeper. My hubby likes it so do I! :)

Recipe source from Jode's site.

No comments: