Friday, August 17, 2007

Sarawak Serikaya Cake

Thank you Boon Kien for this lovely recipe. This is quite a moist cake even after 3 days and it wasn't extremely sweet. I think I could taste more horlick in this cake. Even though I don't have the exact browning sauce (gulai hitam) I did it anyway. I didn't know for sure if 11/2 hour of steaming was good enough or not but I went ahead and steam a little longer and i wrapped up my steamer's cover with kitchen towel so the evaporated steam will not drip and wet my cake. So far it turned out really well and I am pleased with the result and the taste of the cake. So this will be definitely another keeper! :)

1 comment:

:) said...

wow!
very moist cake you have there..
can you post and share your sarawak serikaya cake?
It seems quite different from mine.
I would like to try out yours version.
thank you.
connie